Psychadelic Seikos

Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

egomon

Techie

Techie

Re: Psychadelic Seikos

Post10 Feb 2012, 11:59

Hi. I just got my two new (never had one) vintage LCD watches. One works sort-of... 12:00-12:59 is everything ok but just as it goes to 13:00 then the numbers almost disappear. 2:00-3:59 is ok to but then it hase the same problem till 8:00to9:59 then it goes faint again I uploaded a video on youtube, the watch is in setting mode :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g33c_ruvo4w&feature=youtu.be

Is this problem common on this early LCD watches, is this repairable?

I have another one what has a bad display, I do not think that it is broken. Could it be just a bad polarizer sheet? I can see the numbers faintly on a certain angel and the two dots are flashing...

Regards

Egon

charger105

Guru

Guru

Post10 Feb 2012, 12:42

It looks to me like there could be a short or partial-short on one or more of the segments of the hours digit (if the display shows ab:cd, the 'b' digit :-D ).
Can you find a pattern where the display dims if a certain segment on that digit is 'lit' ?

Rgds.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post10 Feb 2012, 12:45

i have the same problem with a lcd watch from the same era..looks just the same (look at bell quartz in the lcd treath).
I also think it's a short..but still havent found out were. Some younger lcd have the same problem but it's mostly due to problems with the alarm thake take to much energy due to a short or bad contact.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

egomon

Techie

Techie

Post10 Feb 2012, 15:09

All the digits work fine but the display goes dim on certain hours from 3:59 - 7:59 and then it works fien again till 9:59 -11:59 and then its fine again :)

So bizarre

What about the other one. The display is wary dim and "psychadelic" ?
Previous

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches